1.) Tentatively, tryouts will be held the week of July 20.
· In-person clinic sessions will occur on Monday, July 20 and Tuesday, July 21 for participants to learn required material. There will be two shifts during both days to minimize the number of individuals present in one space. All rising 11th and 12th grade students will attend clinic from 4:00-6:00pm; all rising 9th and 10th grade students will attend clinic from 6:00 to 8:00pm.
· Video practice (held on your own) will take place on Wednesday, July 22.
· Cheerleading Tryouts are scheduled for Thursday, July 23.
2.) Please be sure to bring your cheer tryout packet and all accompanying paperwork (including Teacher Recommendations) on Monday, July 20th if you have not already submitted this information.
3.) You must bring a copy of a current sports physical.
4.) Participants may not wear any cheerleader attire during the clinic held on July 20-21. Also, hair must be tied up.
5.) On the day of tryouts, candidates must wear a white t-shirt and black or navy shorts.
6.) Once a candidate has completed his/her tryout, he/she must leave the gym and call a ride for pickup.
7.) All selected cheerleaders should expect to adhere to the following payment schedule:
· First Payment due 8/15 in the amount of $550.00 (*must be paid via GOFAN)
· Second Payment due 9/15 in the amount of $550.00 (*must be paid via GOFAN)
· Final payment due 10/15. Individual balance sheets will be distributed after the second payment date to indicate the final payment to be remitted. (*submitted to NHS)
*Details and instructions regarding submitting payments will be discussed in-depth during the annual cheer meeting held after the completion of the tryout process. The date and time of this meeting is TBA.
* Please register on NewtonAthletics.org
Please feel free to email or contact me at any time if you have any further questions or concerns. I have also included the names and contacts of the other coaches involved with the program as well should you feel the need to correspond with them. Thank you for your interest in NHS Cheer, and we look forward to getting our season(s) underway.
Vanessa Mattox ( NHS Cheer Coordinator/Varsity Basketball)
Gina Jones (Varsity Football/Competition)
Kendall Argo (Junior Varsity Football)
Kencovia Jean-Baptiste (Junior Varsity Basketball)